nomemine

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thinking Globally this Christmas

This year is very exciting for us. We've found the perfect gifts for the kids and I hope they like them as much as we do. My young rocker has been asking for a computer of his own and the old clunker they are using is becoming less and less reliable. Its old operating system isn't compatible with our new router so the kids can't do any of their very important internet research for reports and such. They assure me this is what they want computers for... not frivolous gaming or chatting with friends... what good children they are.

So I had been hearing about this program... One Laptop Per Child and I had to look into it. Turns out the goal was to make a cheap laptop that would withstand extreme environments and hard use and could be sent all over the world for kids to learn with (I love it!) and for a short time they are offering a give one get one program of which we are taking advantage.

The price is great and they run Linux and they are damn durable. I just hope they arrive in time for X-mas.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger facty said...

    YOU ARE THE BEST MOM SINCE OUR MOM!!!! Your kids are lucky duckies!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home